Welcome to CAHM
Did you miss the legacy video which premiered LIVE at our 10th Annual CAHM Forum 2016? Here’s your chance to view it now!
COMMUNITY ALLIANCE for HEALTHY MINDS exists to engage the community in raising awareness of and support for mental health issues and suicide prevention, particularly among youth and young adults, through venues of Music, Arts, and Education.
10th Annual CAHM Forum: Hopelessness to Hope & Healing will take place on Saturday, September 24, 2016 at California State University San Marcos – Student Union Building.
2016 CAHM Forum – From Hopelessness to Hope & Healing
Join us for an all-day event designed to provide education, support, resources, skill building and stigma-reduction to the community around mental health, substance abuse recovery, palliative care and suicide prevention.
The day includes…
- Nationally renowned Keynote Speaker, Dr. Theresa Larson, former U.S. Marine Platoon Commander & author of a memoir, Warrior
- Repeating breakout sessions with national and area experts on a variety of mental health, suicide prevention, substance abuse recovery, and palliative care topics
- Community session of shared recovery and support
- Mental Health, Suicide Prevention, Substance Abuse Recovery and Palliative Care Resource Fair
- Art Exhibition by local artisans
- Expressive Arts & Pet Therapy demonstrations
- Lunch with Live Music
The day promotes…
- Integrative approaches to improving quality of life through the mind-body-spirit connection
- Sigma-free, candid conversations about mental wellness, substance abuse recovery, palliative care for chronic illness and suicide
- Opportunities to connect, respect, support and enjoy others with shared experience
- Developing skills and tools to advocate for ourselves and our loved ones
- Healthy living and a shame-free life through discovery and recovery
- Symptom management and reduction, comfort care, behavioral management and improved life satisfaction
- Shared stories, wisdom and support among those (and the families of those) struggling with, effectively managing or thriving with mental illness, chronic illness and substance abuse recovery
- A day of optimism and hope
General Registration, click HERE.
Exhibitor Registration, Click HERE.
Volunteer Registration, Click HERE.
Corporate Sponsorship for 2016 CAHM Forum, Click HERE.
Learn more about CAHM Forum with this one-pager, Click HERE.